Unidentified subject!

I have installed Debian Woody 3.0 R0

Computer : Intel Pentium III 500 MHz
Video Card : ATI Rage 128
Monitor : Gateway VX700

When I type STARTX I get the following messages:

(WW) Chips(0): Mode pool is empty
(EE) Chips(0): No valid modes found
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libfbdevhw.a
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvgahw.a
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.0
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

how can i resolve this problem for run Xserver ?
Is there anybody who has installed Debian on this model notebook successfully and knows how I can fix this problem.

Thanks

Brice