Linksys PCMPC100 v2 on CTX EZBook 700G

I am having problems configuring a Linksys EtherFast 10/100 PC card
(PCMPC100 v2) on a CTX EZBook 700G (model V92C266) for Woody.

The card gets identified, and I believe the problem is with IRQ's: I get a
high/low beep pattern, along with the following message in my system log:

	Request IRQ: Resource in use

The ifconfig command shows no entry for eth0.

Editing the /etc/default/pcmcia file, I have tried restricting IRQ's with
(using a variety of IRQ combinations):

	PCIC_OPTS="irq_list=7,9,11"

This has not worked.  Any help in moving this forward would be appreciated.

Jonathan Chaus

BTW, after a considerable number of attempts, I have got the X server
functioning.