Re: Blurry screen with X 4.2.0

Mike Alborn <malborn@deandra.homeip.net> writes:

> Hi,
> 	This sounds like the same problem that's been cropping up with other
> laptop users lately.
> 	A laptop LCD, unlike a conventional CRT (desktop) display, is basically a
> fixed resolution device. For example, my laptop's 14.1" display has a
> resolution of exactly 1024x768. If I use a smaller resolution, I get
> either a black border or, if 'screen stretch' is turned on in the BIOS,
> a blurry image as the video BIOS tries to stretch 800x600 to fit into
> 1024x768.

Thank you for replying, but I don't think this is what I'm looking
for. The problem seems to be to be a rendering one. Text quality is
far lower with the ATI driver than with VESA. I'll go back to Vesa if
I have to, but it seems a shame, since the driver is in X4.2.0.

Are there any options that need to be enabled/disabled to get
reasonable text quality on an ATI Mobility Rage?

--
Tiarnán Ó Corráin
Consultant / System Administrator