Dell i8200 and GeForce2 Go

Ugh...

I think I've done everything I'm supposed to do in setting up the GeForce2 Go
in my new Dell i8200, but I have one problem: the only mode that really works
is 1600x1400. That is way too big! In my XF86Config-4 file I do have
different modes like 1400x1050 and 1024x768, but when I use them, the colors
are all slurred (forgive me for the term, I'm not that familiar with graphics
parlance).  The 'slurring' effect is fixed if I use the Fn-Font keys -- but
this essentially makes my smaller resolution even smaller (there is a black
border around my viewable area).

Has anyone else run into this? If so, can I fix it? Can I get 1024x768 in the
whole viewable area without 'slurred' colors?

*** Please CC on any response, as I am not subscribed.

Thanks

Joseph Schlecht