strange mouse pointer behaviour

Hi,

I just installed woody on my Dell Inspiron 8000. As far as I got now, everything is working ok. The only problem I got is that under X the mouse begins to wildly jump around from time to time. It just occurs every 1 to 3 Minutes for a few seconds and afterwards it works all right again. I couldn't find out when it occurs. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen while I'm working on the console. I'm using the nvidia X-server and the mouse form /dev/psaux.

Any help would be appreciated.