Re: Asix AX88190 PCMCIA NIC on a laptop

This one time, at band camp, Johan Ehnberg said:
> Thanks, this helps me on the way. pcmcia-cs is set up durinf setup. The
> cardmgr is supposed to first identify and beep, then configure and beep.
> But there is only one low beep, meaning that identifying failed. Is
> there a way i can force drivers, or identification? cardmgr says:
>
> cs: cb_alloc(bus 2): vendor 0x10ec, device 0x8139

http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/SUPPORTED.CARDS has the list of all
supported cards, as well as the driver they use.  You may also want to
go through the PCMCIA HOWTO, availale at:
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/doc/PCMCIA-HOWTO.html
IIRC, I had to exclude some ranges being scanned to get my card
recognized properly every time. Check out syslog and messages for clues
as to what's flling over.  Write back with details if you need more
help.

Steve
--
"Life sucks, but death doesn't put out at all...."
-- Thomas J. Kopp