Re: sony srx7... sony pi... acpi

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:39:09 -0400 (EDT)
"Scott" <scott@sboss.net> wrote:

> > well, i'm goin to throw this out for a quick answer before i put up
> > kernel panic logs etc.  i have an srx7 (the japanese version) on
> > which i am running woody and 2.4.18.  i've compiled the kernel with
> > all the necessary support for acpi, wireless etc.  i have a decent
> > setup running, including the internal orinoco minipci wireless card
> > working. however... i cannot unplug or plug in the power cord while
> > running else i get a kernel panic (this is an acpi issue as far as i
> > can tell). also... i cannot modprobe sonypi (hence i cannot use
> > /dev/sonypi) else i also get a kernel panic.  i have tried the dev
> > kernel (2.5.25) and it does the same thing.  any comments would be
> > appreciated, i'll post later this week with the details and kernel
> > config if no one has any quick guesses.  thanks in advance, jason.
>
> sonypi aka /dec/sonypi does not work with ACPI enable kernels.  The
> two conflict.  I have the sony z505js and I just ignore the wheel
> (sonypi) in linux.  Plus ACPI is not as developed as APM.  I use APM
> instead of ACPI since ACPI screwes up my hibernation key ([Fn]-[F12]).
>  Once ACPI gets a
> litle better I will switch to it.

I have a vaio gr7f with both acpi and sonypi enabled... so this must not
be the issue.
Just be sure to patch your kernel with the latest acpi patches from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=36832&release_id=98870

--
Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org>
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you