Dell Inspirion And The Touchpad

I just installed woody on a Dell Inspirion 8100 and I've been looking
on-line for all the information I could find on activating the touchpad.
All the Inspirion resources say that it responds as a standard PS/2 mouse.
I believe I compiled the kernel with ps/2 mouse support (MOUSEPS2 or
something like that in the kernel config file); however, cat /dev/psaux
shows no device.  The Dell Insiprion's use the ALPS Glidepad/Stickpointer as
the touchpad of choice.

Does anyone know any troubleshooting steps I should take now?

Taylor Dondich

"If at first you don't suceed, reload and aim for the CRT."