Net startup commands...

Hi.

This might be a bit lazy to ask here.
Two questions:
At first, I need to have some commands for route and network interface
startup at boot. When the machine is powered down (it actually
happens), eth0 is taken down and my route table is reset.
Where can I place commands for these to be restored at startup? It is
not good to need to login as root to set this at startup.
Another thing about this. I logged in as my normal user, and in the
console, su'ed and started eth0 and set route table. When i exited
from root and started X as "normal" user, the settings where gone. If
I su'ed in a terminal after starting X, setting the network, it all
worked fine again.
Do these settings apply to one console only?
I use route and ifconfig...

Second, how do I stop and start pcmcia?
Today myc pcmcia card happened to eject. Can I repace it, and restart
it?

//Ivar