Re: ~ recommendations for wireless cards ~

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 16:39, delire@selectparks.net wrote:

> i am going to buy a pcmcia wireless for my dell i8k laptop running
> kernel 2.4.18. i don't know anything about which 802.11's work well on a
> dell running debian, let alone on laptops generally.
>
> suggestions are welcomed..an idea of price would also be good.
>
> de|ire

I also run a Dell i8k laptop. It's running Debian Woody 2.4.18. I've
been using the Dell wireless card and base station for over 6 months
now. No problems. The PCMCIA card is a re-badged Lucent Technologies. I
got the card up and running within 30 mins. :-)
Check out www.dell.com for the latest prices. I really can't remember
how much I paid for mine.
As for how the card compares to others, I really dont know. But this
setup works well for me. I can move the laptop downstairs or even down
the garden.

Regards
Simon