Thinkpad 600E memory & Potato

I recently bought an IBM Thinkpad 600E. While its an oldish machine, it
was reasonably priced and works quite well.

I installed Win98 (which I still sometimes need, unfortunately) and
2.2r2 (most recent version I had to hand). The install went fine, and
it works well (a good deal better than Win98 does).

One problem I have hit is that Debian is only seeing 64 mb of RAM, not
the full 128 that the machine has. I tried adding an 'append' to
lilo.conf, but so far, any time that I have this in place, the machine
locks up during boot (just after installing the floppy driver). I had
to add an 'append="apm=on" since I haven't had time to recompile the
kernel, which works fine. However, I do not seem to be able to get
Debian to work with the machine's full memory. Both Windows and OS/2
see it (and OS/2, which is notoriously hard on memory works fine with
the full 128mb).

Can anyone suggest what I should be doing? While the machine works
fairly well even only using 64 mb, I would like Debian to be able to
use all the memory...

paul.

--
paulm@waitrose.com
Marwick Computer Services - Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, UK