Re: Performance with Orinoco

Try the debian-powerpc lists. They might be able to help you too since an Apple Airport is in use. I've used a PowerBook with debian and had link speeds of 1 and 2 Mbps with Airport & Airport BaseStation (at least thats what iwconfig showed).

Regards,
Brendan Simon.

Dean Roman wrote:

Goran,

 Have you seen the new D-Link 22Mb/s router/cards?  The operate at 22Mb/s using
802.11b(2.4Ghz).

Thanks,
  ---Dean Roman.

Goran Ristic wrote:

Hi *;

I wonder, how to increase the performance in my homenet.
I use orinoco silver cards in combination with apple's airport. On both
cards is the most resent driver version (8.x, I think).

If I copy files between my computers the average speed is at about
215KBit/s.
Shouldnt it be at about 1MB/s? (Doesn't matter, if I'm very close to the
airport, or not).

Does anybody know what in particular I should do?
BTW: I'm running the 2.4.18 kernel on woody/sid.
--
Regards, GR                      | GnuPG-key on keyservers available
Muck, Dickbaer, Nane...          | or mail -s 'get gpg-key'