i4100: APM, suspend OK; Fn, power cord cause freeze
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: i4100: APM, suspend OK; Fn, power cord cause freeze
- From: Matthijs van der Meer <email@example.com>
- Date: 30 Jun 2002 16:20:53 +0000
- Message-id: <1025454054.1608.12.camel@pc-s0125767>
I've read various posts describing APM problems with Dell laptops. My
APM works fine on kernel 2.4.18 with APM and i8k complied in (info gets
read, suspend & resume apparently works) yet any of the Fn+XX
combinations (e.g. Fn+D, Fn+volume-up, even Fn+arrow keys!) freezes my
Inspiron 4100 real hard, and so does pulling/plugging the power cord.
Other symptoms include: fans blowing at full speed after suspending for
more than two hours, random lockups when not using the machine but
leaving it on for long.
This leads me to think I have a BIOS problem.
Can anyone recommend a i4100 BIOS which works well? Or otherwise point
to a solution to these weird problems?
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com