Re: dell i8k hang when unplug

On 26 Jun 2002, delire@selectparks.net wrote:
> + one more thing..and old question maybe.
> ..has anyone come across a good howto for letting me plug and unplug the
> power without hanging my dell i8k? may have missed a few threads these
> last few months..i know it's an apm [acpi] thing, just not how to remedy
> it.

Disabling APIC by unsetting the kernel config variable CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC
fixed that for me on my Dell Inspiron 8100.  Note that this is APIC, not

Jay Ford, Network Engineering Group, Information Technology Services
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242
email: jay-ford@uiowa.edu, phone: 319-335-5555, fax: 319-335-5505