USB mouse and X-Windows 4.2.0

Hi all (again today),

[Please CC me in replies, I am currently not subscribed to this list.]

The last problem which I am struggling with is my optical USB mouse. As mentioned on the webpage, it does not get re-initialized correctly after resuming from suspend. I have to remove it, plug it in and restart the X-Server; and sometimes even that does not solve the problem - on one or two occasions I had to reboot the system to get it working again (don't ask me why.....).

So can I tell the X-Server to re-initialize the mouse ? This input device is set up so that it does not prevent the X-Server from starting when not present. Another, probably related problem is that I can not plug in the USB mouse during run-time. The X-Server has to be restarted to recognize it.

best regards,
Rene