Re: TRENDnet pcmcia Card

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 07:33:51PM +0100, Boris Duerner wrote:
> On Friday 01 January 1999 01:34, you wrote:
> > > Can you tell me exactly how you configured your card in the end?
> >
> > 1. ok, i setup Debian Netinstall (potato)
> > 2. ifconfig shows no eth0 device
> > 3. did pcnetconfig
> Which files does it edit?

it edits /etc/pcmcia/network.opts

> > 4. added the card section in /etc/pcmcia/config
> Maybe potato's pcmcia stuff is a little out of date.

it seems so :)

> > 5. restartet the pcmcia services, and now a eth0 device is shown
> >     with the options from the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts (ip and so on)
> >     thats nice, but i cant ping any other computer in my network ??
> >     (tried it now for 15 minutes,but it wont work .. any ideas ?)
>

> 1) Can you ping your own address?

yes

> 2) What is your address/netmask and the ones from another computer in your
> NW? Attach network.opts

first pc: 10.1.1.10 / 255.255.255.0
Laptop:   10.1.1.11 / 255.255.255.0

both pcs can ping their own ip, i tried with a 3rd pc and i can ping my
first pc, but not my laptop, so i think by the Laptop somethin dont
works right

> 3) Do you need to setup a gateway?

no

--
MfG /*/ kind regards  /*/ Debian GNU\Linux
Michael Ablassmeier  /*/  ITSZ Holzkirchen