Re: 340S2 - Modelines/SiS630?
- To: Michael van der Kolff <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: 340S2 - Modelines/SiS630?
- From: Mark Janssen <email@example.com>
- Date: 19 May 2002 12:32:05 +0200
- Message-id: <1021804326.785.4.camel@ninja>
- In-reply-to: <008d01c1ff00$04afaf70$0102a8c0@PC01>
- References: <008d01c1ff00$04afaf70$0102a8c0@PC01>
On Sun, 2002-05-19 at 08:40, Michael van der Kolff wrote:
> I have a 340S2 laptop (from DigitalStar Computers, although from what I can
I have a CLEVO laptop... it's probably a different system, but it uses
the same chipset, so most things (linux related) should be equal between
Check out the following webpages
Thomas Winischhofers website contains new X and fbdev drivers that work
with the SiS chipset. You need to compile the fbdev driver into your
kernel, and use his XFree4.1 driver (by copying it over the current sis
driver in the Xfree package).
With these drivers you'll be able to use 2D and 3D acceleration, and
most features of the chipset.
If you have other problems, check out my own site (maniac.nl) or post a
new message with more detailed info regarding your problems.
> My Q is, has anyone set a similar laptop up? Or will I have to wait until
> XFree86 4.2 comes (that seems to be the only difference between the Mandrake
> and Debian one...)
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT
Maniac.nl Unix-God.Net|Org MarkJanssen.org|nl SyConOS.com|nl
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com