Re: ACPI and some other Stuff

Fernando Caprio, Jr. <maddog@atlas.ucpel.tche.br> writes:
> I have a Compaq 1700 which uses ACPI profile. I'm using Woody, I
> installed kernel 2.4.18 - 686 package, but it wont come with
> EXPERIMENTAL packages I guess, because it doesent have ACPI
> modules. Is there any package with those modules ? and.. does 2.4.18
> have battery status control for this notebooks ?

Everyone I've talked to has had bad experiences with ACPI under Linux,
but the older APM support tends to work fairly well in most cases.  If
you don't already have /proc/apm, you should be able to 'modprobe apm'
to get power-management support.  You probably also want to install
the apmd package for userspace power-management support.

	-- Abra Mitchell