ACPI and some other Stuff

Hey,

	I have a Compaq 1700 which uses ACPI profile. I'm using Woody, I
installed kernel 2.4.18 - 686 package, but it wont come with
EXPERIMENTAL packages I guess, because it doesent have ACPI modules. Is
there any package with those modules ? and.. does 2.4.18 have battery
status control for this notebooks ? Last time I tried to manual compile
a 2.4.xx kernel, only thing that started working for my notebook was the
"ac_adapter" detection and turn off on halt. It couldent find my battery
and/or find it status. Anyone with a similar configuration ?

	Something else I would like to ask is: Is there any tool / program /
module that could make linux hibernate ? For notebooks stuff like that
would come really in handy.

Thanks in Advance

Fernando Jr