speedstep tool, ITP?

Hi,

today at FreshMeat the `speedstep' 0.2 utility was announnced
http://www.goof.com/pcg/marc/speedstep.html
it claims to switch the speedstep modes from inside Linux.
I tried it but it didn't work for my COMPAQ E500. I have
reported the errors to the author. Maybe you are
interested to give it a try or even help the author,
too. If it works I would like to have a Debian package.
I can upload one by myself, but I'm not the hardware
expert. So if there is anyone else with more
programming knowledge interested to package it,
I would appreciate that.

Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe(@)mobilix.org>       T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86