Re: Installing Debian Linux on my Laptop

On 2002.05.08 23:39 Justin News wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I want to install linux on my IBM Thinkpad 560E. Unfortunately, i
>don't have a CD ROM and I'd appreciate any help someone can offer.
>I've installed linux before using CD ROMS and had no problems... but
>i'm lost as to how to install linux without CDs. I also have a
>network card in my laptop so is there a way to do a network
>installation? i've done some searching on the web but the
>instructions that i've found are rather vague.

One option, if you have broadband access during the installation, is to
download the floppy disks and install using them. I've installed on my
laptop using them to install over the internet. Read the following for
more specific instructions:

<http://www.debian.org/distrib/floppyinst>

--
/**