Re: Panasonic cf-62

    "Florian" == Florian Schulte <Florianschulte@web.de> writes:

    Florian> I'm trying to install the Potato Version of Debian on my
    Florian> Laptop.

    Florian> I need some details about the hardware, especially wether
    Florian> a scsi controller is onboard.

What kind of laptop is it? ;-)

    Florian> After the Installation of Debian, during the
    Florian> configuration:

    Florian> Kernel Panic: unable to resolve a scsi host.

In the dmesg output can you tell what SCSI driver is being loaded?

    Florian> I never found something like  a scsi port or a scsi drive
    Florian> in my laptop.

    Florian> But Debian thinks my Pd/ cdrom is an scsi controller....

It might be. I got an old Tecra 700 that actually has a SCSI
controller in it's docking station, an AM53C974, which is what the
CDROM connected to. Even worse the PCI bridge was broken, and loading
the driver would panic the kernel (not like yours though). It took me
a few days of education before I could get it to work.

You could always install with the idepci flavor and see if it detects
your CDROM.

Cheers!
Shyamal