Re: acpi package

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 10:44:16AM +0100, Alessandro Speranza wrote:
> limited, it recognizes battery, AC power, buttons and stuff. THe thing I'm
> missing is an applet to monitor battery charge and the battery lasts just
> about one and half hour with the ACPI I've got. Does anyone know if this
> acpi package would help me anyhow?

There is a windowmake tool (wmacpi) I think.  However, any such tool
written at the moment would have to parse the /proc data from ACPI.
This is not yet a fixed format.  Also, I think there are plans to
write a C API to the battery info to avoid the whole /proc mess.

So any tools might be a little premature.  But on the other hand
I would really love a little gnome applet :)

sam

--
sam clegg
:: samc@superduper.net