Re: Debian proof

e.doll@wolter-ndt.de wrote on 23/04/2002 (12:10) :
> Hallo Liste!
>
> Some time ago I asked, here in the list, how to install Debian/Gnu on
> a Gericom M6T and got some helpful feedback.
>
> Now, unfortunatly, some days ago, somebodey did some housebraeking and
> stole the whole thing.
>
> My question, which current laptop around 2000 ? is the best choice
> for Debian? (My insurance compels me to buy a new one, otherwise they
> pay me only the current value and not the purchase price)

I have a Dell Inspirion 2500. It is nice. Installing Debian had to be
done with the idepci boot discs as installation hangs otherwise. Note
however that there are some problems with the pcmcia on Linux, but
perhaps this is fixed now?  But as I don't need it is ok for me.

Check first at: http://www.linux-laptop.net/ the marks you could be
interested in buying to see how others have found them.

Preben