Re: none

* Shyamal Prasad <shyamal.prasad@sbcglobal.net>

>     "dutch" == dutch  <dutch@users.buoy.com> writes:
>
>     dutch> Generally speaking, what whould cause my laptop to freeze?
>
>     dutch> Dell Inspiron 4100.  Just installed debian woody,then
>     dutch> upgraded kernel to 2.4.18 Still no Xwindows working but
>     dutch> getting close (I get the black/white checkered screen with
>     dutch> the big X in the center but nothi9ng happens - another
>     dutch> story for another time).
>
> Power management? rmmod the apm module if you have it installed and
> see?

What kind of a network card do you have? I have experienced total lockups w/
Xircom CardBus Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56 CBEM56G. When I remove the card the
machine comes back, and then I have to set up the network again.

If I set the eth0 to promisc it helps, but I still see it from time to time.

I use 2.4.16, pcmcia-cs-3.1.30 and  dhcp-client 2.0pl5-11 on a Dell Inspiron
5000e Debian unstable system.
--
Jørn Helge B. Dahl
Falch.net DeveloperStudio for Palm OS