Special keys without keycodes?

David Poisson <david@fishy.ca> writes:

> Hi,
> 	I have a Dell Inspiron 4100 and I was wondering if anyone had figured
> out how to get the "E" button (next to the power button) to work by
> launching a program of your choice?

Hi everyone!

I've got a laptop (Compaq Evo N160; http://repose.cx/n160 for a page on mind))
that has a number of these special buttons up the top as well. Two of them -
the volume buttons - produce valid keycodes which I can rebind and use. There's
another four, however, which don't generate any keycodes - hitting them when
running xev generates no output at all.

I'm guessing these buttons need to be controlled via ACPI or similar. Has
anyone looked into getting them working?

--
Damien Elmes