Re: HP Pavilion zt1130 sound not working

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 11:15:23PM -0500, Jeff wrote:
> I have the same laptop and ran into the same problem with sound.  The
> VIA site recoments using the Alsa drivers and has instructions on
> setting it up in Red Hat and a few others but no Debian help.  It
> wasn't that hard for me to figure it out from there, though.
>
> I have gotten MP#s to play, but can't get system sound to work.  I
> got the DVD to work, but couldn't get sound to work for it either.  If
> you figure this out let me know.

Sorry, I'm running way behind on reading Debian mailing lists, mainly
because I just got a new HP zt1180.  Sadly, I'm running Mandrake 8.2 on
it, but I will be switching over to Debian soon.  I have Debian running
on an old Toshiba Tecra 550 right now, but I choose to install Mandrake
on this new one first, just as a lark, because it is so easy.

The bottom line is that to get sound to work, you must get ACPI working.
I found the clue by Google'ing "ACPI HP Linux sound":