Re: debian laptop for a train hopper

At 03:27 PM 14/04/2002, martin f krafft wrote:
and even though michael dell and bill gates have sex with each other,
dell's laptops are not that linux-friendly, and their attitude towards
support and the way to handle clients is below zero, their systems are
still very reliable and robust, IMHO.

I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 - it's a great system and I've had pretty good luck with Debian. I would certainly recommend it to most people, but I'm not sure about a "train hopper." The biggest weakness, IMO, is the construction - it's just not as solid as a Thinkpad.

Cheers,
Noah