Re: Debian PC Requirements

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Chris Howells wrote:
> On Friday 12 April 2002 4:53 am, Daniel Pittman wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, James Hirschorn wrote:
>> Something is leaking some sort of resource in the X server; it's
>> probably an image or something like that. I would suggest closing
>> client applications one at a time and seeing if any release the
>> resources.
>
> I've just asked David Faure about it (maintainer of kdesktop) and he
> said that he thought it was a bug in XF86 4.1, fixed 4.2.

Well, it's either a bug in the 4.1 series that is triggered by something
KDE related, or it's been patched in Debian unstable already. I run 4.1
and don't see the problem, for what it's worth, but don't use KDE (or
GNOME).

        Daniel

--
In the present-day reconstruction of physics, fragments of the Newtonian
concepts are stubbornly retained. The result is to reduce modern physics to a