Re: APM Suspend on I8K

I've got my Dell I8K running Sid with a 2.4.17 kernel and everything
works just fine. I only have one problem with the system. If I use Fn +
Esc to suspend, or if I close the cover, the BIOS seems to handle the
suspend. That is, none of the APM scripts get called. This causes
something of a hassle if I come out of suspend when I'm no longer
connected to the network, etc.
Did you answer Yes to "suspend on AC?" when you installed apmd?
You should have.  Answering No just causes the suspend scripts
to be skipped before the suspend.  This is a bug.
(apmd 3.0.2-1.19 has corrected this problem.)

It's possible that the BIOS isn't notifying the OS of Fn-ESC
suspend events.

Using apm -s or "Suspend" from the GDM login menu puts my system into
suspend "properly". (i.e. All of the suspend scripts are run.)
That is probably because a suspend request generated in
userspace is forwarded directly to APM event listeners by
the apm driver -- this doesn't depend on the BIOS.

However,
when I come OUT of suspend, GDM is dead and needs to be manually
restarted.
It looks as if no resume event is being processed.

What kernel are you using?

Please cc: me directly as I do not check debian-laptop very
often.

--
Thomas