Wireless Setup with 2.4.18

I’ve installed woody on my notebook and have wireless connectivity automagically.

Now I want to use 2.4.18 kernel (for better agp, ext3 and better power management). As soon as I compile a new kernel wireless connection is gone (I can no longer find that interface, no matter what I do).

What should be done to restore (preserve) the wireless connection and what steps –> tools –> packages are needed? Are there any nice HOWTOs on this topic (2.2.10 to 2.4.18 PCMCIA transition, wireless setup and all)?

Any first hand experience and step by step instructions are welcome.

Ruslan

                     \_/
         (..)  |\
..."Have you mooed today?"...