Re: External Monitor on IBM Thinkpad T23

    "Andreas" == Andreas Locatelli <alocatel@edu.uni-klu.ac.at> writes:

    Andreas> Hi all!

    Andreas> I've got Woody installed on a T23 Thinkpad.

    Andreas> My problem is that I don't seem to be able to drive the
    Andreas> external monitor with an adequate refresh rate.

    Andreas> Even if I specify a modeline, or tune with Xvidtune, I
    Andreas> always have 1280x1024/60Hz and I'd like at least
    Andreas> 1280x1024/75Hz (85 would also be cool)

This might not be relevant, but here goes....

I have a Compaq Armada M300. I had the same problem. I found that with
XFree86 4.x and Windows 98 I can never get the external display to use
a high refresh rate (85Hz) until I shut off the LCD. If the LCD is
running, I get 60Hz come what may.

Maybe there's a solution, and in that case I'd love to know it. On the
other hand...... ;-)

Cheers!
Shyamal