External Monitor on IBM Thinkpad T23

Hi all!

I've got Woody installed on a T23 Thinkpad.

My problem is that I don't seem to be able to drive the external monitor
with an adequate refresh rate.

Even if I specify a modeline, or tune with Xvidtune, I always have
1280x1024/60Hz and I'd like at least 1280x1024/75Hz (85 would also be
cool)

It is also not quite clear how to confirgure XF86Config-4 to have
different settings for the external and internal monitor...

Using two "Screen" in ServerLayout crashes the server...

Server: Xfree 4.1.0.1
Card:   S3 SuperSavage.

I am using the latest savage driver from www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html
(The ones from S3 crash the server)