Re: PCMCIA card interface not holding its IP

> But if I used dhcp-client or dhclient I
> didn't get even that far, so I'm not terribly interested in trying them
> again unless someone cares to explain why pump is a bad idea. (Sorry
> Sean, but saying "pump is pure crap", with or without a smiley face is
> insulting, patronizing, and potentially actionable). Either leave out
> the sermons, or tell us WHY it's crap.

Without going into long winded technical issues the summary is:

* it does not follow the RFC in a few important ways
* when Debian tried to use it as the default dhcp client many of our users
reported failures getting leases, especially users of red/round robin cable
service (I forget the exact name).

And for fun:

* it was written by the enemy (Red Hat)