Re: Debian 3.0 and Toshiba 1800-314

At 01:07 PM 3/21/2002 +0000, you wrote:

Hi,

I installed Debian 3.0 in my new laptop last night and everything
seems to be working almost fine. (I have not tried X however). The
only things which I don't like is that the console only occupies a
fraction of the display at the center. Wht's going on here and how do
I get a full size console?

Any help would  be greatly appreciated.

Luis

                  Astrophysics Group
   Luís E Mendes  Imperial College        Tel. +44 (0)20 7594 7539
                  Blackett Laboratory     Fax. +44 (0)20 7594 7541
                  Prince Consort Road
                  London, SW7 2BW
                  United Kingdom

It sounds like a BIOS control to enable or disable 'LCD stretch mode'. Have a look for a similar sounding option in your BIOS setup, should sort it out.

/troy