Re: Inspiron 8000 IrDA problem

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:28:34 +0100, Hein Roehrig writes:
>Er, stupid question: your summary seems to indicate that IR keeps
>working when the maestro3 driver is loaded (as long as the maestro3
>driver is loaded after irtty.)

The question is _not_ stupid.

And yes, on my I8100, it continues working.

>On my 8100 with 2.4.18, SIR in BIOS on COM2, things stop functioning
>immediately once I load the maestro3 module.

Hmm, I'm using 2.2.20. ATM I'm backuping my cell phone via IrDA while
 listening to music from xmms and writing mails ;)

>Is this only my problem or a general "feature" ?

Might be a kernel issue. I (and at least one of my colleagues here) use
 2.2.20, and use IrDA and maestro3.

(Side note (also to self): I have to set up kuvert on this box, dammit.
 I've again forgotten to sign some mails)

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /