Re: Problems with pcmcia in a dell inspiron 2500

Carlos García writes:

> I have a problem when I try to install a pcmcia network card in my
> laptop.  The cardbus is o2micro OZ6933 and the pcmcia card is a
> RealTek 8139. The version of pcmcia that I have installed is 3.1.33
> and the kernel is 2.4.18.

[...]

> I think that the problem is in the cardbus o2micro.

It's not. The problem comes from the 8139too driver, it somehow broke a
while ago, after the release included in kernel 2.4.7 at least. I have a
similar card and it works perfectly with kernels up to 2.4.7, after that
I can't be sure because I didn't actually test all the releases, but
kernels 2.4.14, 2.4.16, 2.4.17 and 2.4.18 have failed to recognize the
card.  Feel free to complain to the upstream driver author.

--
Romain FRANCOISE <romain@orebokech.com>
it's a miracle! -- http://www.orebokech.com/