Toshiba Satellite Pro 420cdt without floppy

    Greetings:

I just received this laptop for cheep.  It has 40mb Ram(max) & 1.2gb hd.  The
only problem getting linux on it is that it has no floppy.  I tried to boot
using it's cdrom drive, but the prehistoric bios doesn't look for cdrom, only
fdd>hdd or hdd>fdd.

Looking around for a floppy, I found resale sites wanting over $100 for a
silly floppy drive!  That is more than I paid for the old laptop.  On Ebay, I
found several, and they have a small cord with an odd connector.  These are
going for $2 to $10 and I wonder if there is a way to learn which one would
fit this laptop.  Toshiba doesn't make it available which fits what.

Any help appreciated.  Pls mail direct as I am not subscribed.

Thank you, tatah

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.