Re: re satellite pro pcmcia

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 02:17:19PM +0000, Craig Laurie wrote:
> The problem with my pcmcia ( toshiba satellite pro 440cdx) is that it
> thinks the cards are memory cards. has any one came across this before?

I've seen that from time to time on my 490CDT.  Usually I just reinsert the
card a second time, and it eventually works.

We've previously noticed something odd in Toshiba laptops related to the way
the BIOS handles PCMCIA cards.  The default setting is set to "Auto", but I
found I had to choose "PCIC Compatible" at one stage to get my card running
satisfactorily.  I can't remember precisely what my problem at the time was,
I've just left it at that setting ever since.

The other day I tried my card (Xircom REM56G/100 Realport) with the other
BIOS PCMCIA settings, and it seemed now to work with the others (the 3rd
choice is "16bit/PC Card").

So try changing the value, maybe it'll help.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://people.debian.org/~dparsons/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A