Re: getting pcmcia cards to load before networking

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 04:43:03PM -0500, Nicholas Imfeld wrote:
> I cannot get dhcp to work when my computer first boots.  After the boot
> sequence completes I do init.d/networking restart and it starts right up.
> It doesn't work on startup because pcmcia cardmgr starts up after networking
> starts up.  Therefore when the network starts my network card isn't
> recognized yet (no eth0 device).  Does anyone know how to modify the startup
> sequence so that pcmcia interfaces are loaded before the networking
> interfaces.  Thanks

You can probably change the boot sequence, but that would not solve
the problem when you insert the card later in the game.

The fix I use is to put all the necessary network restarts in
/etc/pcmcia/network.opts, inside the start_fn() function (empty by default).

Alex Y.
--
   _
 _( )_