ridiculous olvwm mouse cursor

hi,
i'm running woody on a dell i8k, x 4.1.0 and olvwm for about a year now.
when i installed some dozens of new packages today (new connection, i
finally could install some of the bigger packages), my olvwm mouse
cursor lost its shape.
the normal cursor looks like being stretched sidewards, so does the
window resize cursor. when i hold the mouse above netscape (or something
else that changes the appearance of the mouse), it looks perfectly
normal.
all other window mgrs show no problems, only olvwm (even olwm looks as
it should be) has this way too big mouse now.

any ideas how to fix this ?

apt installed these .deb's for me:
xview*	3.2p1.4-15
olwm	3.2p1.4-15
olvwm	4.4.3.2p1.4-15

TIA,
plz remove all the spam from my mailadress to reply