Re: Dell Latitude Ls and the neomagic X server in unstable

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:29:17AM -0800, Michael Perry wrote:
> Kind of curious whether others using the neomagic driver in the most
> recent X in unstable see problems with a frozen display when switching
> to a VC and then back IF the vc is active for a long time.  I tend to
> switch away for several tasks and it appears to happen more often
> running a wm like icewm but even blackbox causes it.  I have not seen it
> yet running ion.

Dell Latitude CSx with 256MB, Neomagic 256 ZX, 2.4.12 + woody + KDE 2.2.2
I use to have similar problems, the console locked up randomly when working
exclusively in X - until I found these these options in some obscured driver
documentation:
Option          "XaaNoScanlineImageWriteRect"
Option          "XaaNoScanlineCPUToScreenColorExpandFill"
No lockups since.

Tochpad behaves better (no issues after resume from disk) with Protocol set
to "PS/2", not the detected "ImPS/2" in XF86Config-4.

cheers

Jacek