Re: Windows XP + Linux

On 6 Mar 2002, Alex Malinovich wrote:

> Well, personally, I would call Toshiba, demand a refund for XP after
> rejecting the license terms, and then proceed to put Debian on there.
> HOWEVER, in regards to your questions:

That crossed my mind but there was a plastic wrapper covering he
laptop sealed with a sticker stating that by breaking the seal I was
accepting all the license terms for everything including the software.
This is probably illegal, but I need to use the laptop...

> My desktop machine is currently running XP and Debian in a dual boot
> configuration with no problems (running Cygwin with XFree86 while in
> Windows to make it bearable). I am using the XP bootloader however, so
> if you're intending to try using LILO as your primary bootloader I don't
> know if it will work. As long as you stick with letting XP handle the
> MBR though, everything should work just fine. Good luck.

Other replies to the list seem to indicate that it shoudl also work
with LILO. Just in case, where is the XP bootloader located?

Luis

                  Astrophysics Group
   Luís E Mendes  Imperial College        Tel. +44 (0)20 7594 7539
                  Blackett Laboratory     Fax. +44 (0)20 7594 7541
                  Prince Consort Road
                  London, SW7 2BW
                  United Kingdom