hardware failure

I think I have a bad pcmia bus.

After opening my laptop, I found a small back screw rolling around.

I think that the screw may have shorted someone thing out.

When I transfer files, I get a hugh amount of collisions on one of the
2 ethernet cards I am transfering too.

Running watch /sbin/ifconfig on 2 seperate machines on LAN.

                        |--------------[Router]--[Internet]

[Laptop] ------------[switch]----------[Server]
collisions         no collisions     no collisions
many

Currently, I have received 110000 collisions during a 450M transfer.

Is there any program that will test my hardware for problems ?

I am also getting mismatch error like this:
dmesg
eth0: mismatched read page pointers 63 vs 6b.
eth0: mismatched read page pointers 63 vs 6b.
eth0: mismatched read page pointers 63 vs 6b.
eth0: mismatched read page pointers 67 vs 77.
eth0: mismatched read page pointers 51 vs 59.
eth0: mismatched read page pointers 68 vs 70.
eth0: mismatched read page pointers 76 vs 7e.

Ted Knab