X crashes after 20 minutes inactivity

Helo,

My problem is the following. I have a new HP Omnibook XE3, and debian sid
on it, with the latest (4.1.0) xserver, 2.4.17 kernel. The video chip is
i830MG, and I use vesa driver for it.
I tried it with APM and with ACPI, and the same result.

Whenever I leave my notebook inactive in X, it crashes after _exactly_
20 minutes. I can reproduce it, and 20:00 after the last mouse/key event
it will crash.

It's quite obvious that it has something to do with some kind of PM, but I
have no other idea about this. Anybody can help me?

Floxi