Re: Need advice installing Debian on Inspiron 2500

Joseph Fannin <jhf@rivenstone.net> wrote on 01/02/2002 (07:23) :
>    When I say the BIOS is broken, I mean anything involving APM --
> even reading battery status -- causes a kernel OOPS, which when
> traced, fails when calling the system BIOS.  Apparently things have
> been this way with every BIOS version greater than A06 -- which isn't
> available anywhere I could find.

But I don't understand. I thought that it had only ACPI and not APM.
ACPI is not fully developed like APM on linux, so I guess ACPI should
work in the future. I see that in Windows XP ACPI is used and not APM.

--
Preben Randhol         «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»