Re: Installing Debian over Network with the e100-driver
On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 04:02:31PM +0100, Hanno B?ck wrote:
> I would like to install debian on my laptop over
> network/dsl-connection. Is there a possibility to load the e100-driver
> from the installer? How can I install debian over network??
Rescue disk (Floppy) is DOS floppy. You can read its content. Then you
undestand what to do. Roll your own rescue disk is the way to go.
1. Get access to functioning Linux with GCC.
2. Read kernel configuration from rescue disk.
3. Obtain corresponding kernel soirce and compile with above
configuration to confirm you have functioning environment.
4. Get source for driver and apply patch / add source to kernel source
tree and compile. Make sure to use almost same setting as above and
enable driver for your card.
5. Copy newly made kernel to rescue disk as instructed in the disk.
6. Boot. Good luck :)
+ Osamu Aoki <firstname.lastname@example.org> @ Cupertino, CA USA +
See my Quick Reference http://qref.sf.net/quick/