Re: Mailer for laptops (was: Re: new photos from my party!)

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 05:35:26PM +0200, Fabian Fagerholm wrote:

> If you're using IMAP like me, you need to have some sort of caching or
> you'll have to find a network to be able to access your messages. On the
> other hand, a laptop if often not a good place for permanent storage, so
> having local folders doesn't cut it.

I'm using mutt in combination with isync.  I find this works pretty well
(and the next release of isync ought to address the few remaining
annoyances).  Switching to the use of an on-line IMAP server is a matter
of twiddling a couple of configuration options.