To all sis630 laptop users---Xfree with dri and fb

Hi everyone (and SiS630 victims in the first place),

Pere Castanyer Sardà wrote:
> I read a lot of times debian users asking for the x support for sis630
> Laptops...I hope now they can use mplayer well :)
> Yes one man did it,(this is not a mail referencing to the breacking news
> about xfree86 4.2 support for sis630 laptop).

FYI:

The X 4.2 driver is (more or less) identical to the version of 16/1/02
available on my site. Unfortunately, the deadline for committing to the
X CVS came exact one day too early - the driver included with 4.2 has a
serious bug in the Xv part that makes playing video impossible if (don't
ask...) - no external VGA is connected (and switchied on) at boot time.
This is fixed in newer versions (after 16/1/02) on my site, and will be
fixed in the first update of X 4.2.

> Caracteristics of the driver:
> DRI support
> XV support (for Mplayer yes!!!!!)
> Sisfb support and more....
> For more information:http://www.webit.com/tw/linuxsis630.shtml

Please make sure that you've actually _read_ that page before starting!

> Thanks thomas!

You're welcome! I feel flattered... :)

Thomas

--