Re: irDA and Palm IIIx

On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 03:22, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> Has anybody setup IR support for synching a Palm (I have a IIIx) with
> their laptop? I've tried but cannot seem to get my irDA system to work.
> I have a Gateway Solo 9300.

Yes!  After much stuffing around i have an IR sync happening with my
Dell Inspiron 8000, kernel 2.4.17 and my Palm Vx.

First step is to have a look at http://www.linux-laptop.net/ for some
notes by someone with the same laptop as you.

You should also have a read of the IR-HOWTO for some background
information.  I have found it to be a little out of date but a good
starting point.

I have only really got it working with the 2.4 kernels as I wanted that
series for better USB support.

You need to enable IrDA support in the kernel (built-in or modules) and
have modules/support built-in for ircomm and irtty.

You also need to install the irda utilities (you need irattach to
connect your IR serial port).

It is worthwhile looking at the linux-irda list's archives (Google will
find it) for other's more specific IR experiences .

Good luck.

--
* Simon Wong *